Wednesday 24 June 2015

Ugly Christmas Sweater

Started an Ugly Christmas Sweater; this should be loads of fun! Improvising using Elizabeth Zimmerman's percentage sweater method.

Found some cheap cotton yarn at Walmart - Bernat Handicrafter Holidays - in red, white, and green. I really didn't want to go with cheap acrylic, the standard for Ugly Christmas Sweaters, because it would just be too uncomfortable to wear and I want to be able to show up at Christmas parties and wear it. Will also be making this a cardigan, again for wear-ability.

This will be a pretty plain Ugly Christmas Sweater so I will try my best to do a "better" one later in the year but for now, this will do.

Starting with both sleeves. Doing them two-at-a-time means they will be exactly the same; starting with the sleeves means they can be a bit of a gauge swatch too. I've already adjusted the sleeve size. A total win-win.


No comments:

Post a Comment