Sunday 14 June 2015

Finished!

Finished the little overalls for my sister's baby.  The first time I made one of these I basically followed the pattern exactly, this time I modified it a bit; I especially wanted to lengthen the legs since there is a strong possibility that Wee Bairn will be long and lean.

Found some lovely buttons in the multi-generation-button-bin for them. I think my sister will appreciate that part too.

Pattern: Pepita by Martina Behm
   Modifications:
  • Changed the dual straps that button over the shoulder into one long strap that buttons in the front. 
  • Changed the button holes to one large hole in each strap instead of two small holes on each side of each strap.
  • Added three possible button holes to the straps to allow for a bit of size adjustment.
  • Left off the adorable feet, again so the size is a bit more flexible.
  • Lengthened the legs a bit by knitting 6 rounds then decreasing for the first leg decrease section and then knitting 4 rounds then decreasing for the second leg decrease section. 

Yarn: Patons North America Kroy Socks FX
Needle: US 2 - 2.75 mm
Gauge: Not critical as babies grow so unbelievably fast. It will fit at some point.


No comments:

Post a Comment