Sunday 28 June 2015

Inspiration Struck.....

... despite the heat. Yup, Alberta is in the middle of a rare early summer heat wave. Yesterday we got up to 31C. Blistering. Today feels even hotter although I haven't seen the official high temperature for today yet. It didn't even cool off over night; since this area is one bare step up from true desert it is not uncommon for temperatures to drop into the single digits overnight even if the daytime high was over 30C. Spent most of the weekend knitting in the shade on the deck with a cool drink to hand. Best way to beat the heat I've ever found.

Even the dogs were chilling out. Or flaking out.



Back to the part about inspiration. Made tons of progress on my Sideways Vest this weekend. Probably because touching any amount of wool, even sock wool, was just too much. So, nice cool cotton it was. Hmmmm, looks like I'm going to need buttons soon.



Check out my new book -


Another great way to beat the heat was to go to the bookstore. There are several patterns in there that I want to try, should be loads of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment