Saturday 30 May 2015

Finished!

Scent Hurdle training continues of a pace. Soccer is still working on the part about bringing back THAT barbell not just any old barbell. It'll come. Or not. Ahab is being very good about bring back his barbell and not Soccer's.

Knitting

Finished knitting my grey tank-top/shell/hiking base layer, whatever you want to call it. I think this'll be something to wear under other clothing as it isn't quite what I wanted for the world to see. No worries though, it'll get plenty of wear under other sweaters during the winter.

Pattern: improvised bottom up sweater, went to Knitting Fool to crunch the numbers for a set-in-sleeve sweater but didn't set-in any sleeves. Used an attached i-cord binding to finish off the neck and sleeves.
Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Sock in Ash
Needle: 2.25mm circular


Now I can focus on other projects.

Speaking of which, here is a new project I started a week or so ago; I'm not sure how, or if, it'll turn out.


It's a garter-stitch-sideways-vest. That means that it's a vest and I'm knitting it sideways in garter stitch. It's actually backwards in this picture, meaning the front is on the bottom and the back is on the top so you can see where the back of the shoulder is being shaped. I started in the middle at the front, knit a button band, then knit to the side forming the start of the neck and front placket, then increased for the shoulder, decreased for under the arm, and increased again for the back of the shoulder. I will continue across the back, then decrease for under the other arm, increase for the front of the other shoulder, and then decrease again for the neck and front placket. The front and back of the shoulders will be sewed together. So far it's been awesome for mindless knitting.

Then yarn is some Georga cotton I had in my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment