Sunday 3 May 2015

A New Direction

Working back and forth on the knitting loom wasn't holding my interest so I decided to try something else. I'm now setup for a double knit baby blanket. I'm working a simple three row pattern in a contrast colour to help keep my interest as I know that plain stockinette will bore me to tears and I didn't want to work any complicated stitches or cables on my first try at this.

This is working much better for me.  Although, the gauge seems a bit loose; I think this needs a thicker yarn when setup as a knitting board. The yarn is Red Heart Comfort Solids and it's a fairly thick worsted/aran weight. I think I'll keep going with it for now but this might be a pet blanket rather than a baby blanket since the stitches are loose enough to make me worry about teeny, tiny little fingers getting caught in it.



Progress was made on the grey tank top too. It's off the needles except for the finishing around the arms and neck. I think I'll use an applied i-cord. And, naturally, all the ends still need to be woven in. Maybe I'll get to that during tonight's hockey game.  Go Flames!


Speaking of hockey; last night was just plain weird. It was Saturday night, during the Stanley Cup playoffs.... and CBC had no hockey. Well, maybe if I had cable or satellite instead of Peasant Vision I could have found something. Fortunately, I found some episodes of Campion at the library earlier in the day so I watched a couple of those. I like this show, it's too bad only two seasons were ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment