Wednesday 28 August 2019

Winter Blue Hoodie Sweater

Finished my re-made Winter Blue Hoodie sweater. I used this yarn to make a sweater and a vest a few years ago and neither ever fit quite right. Finally I decided I wanted to re-use the yarn to make something I would actually wear so I took apart the original sweater and vest and re-made the yarn into a new sweater. I may also try for a vest again as well.

This is mostly a gansey, sort of. I did do some shaping in the arms and shoulders so it does not have a drop shoulder. There's also a hood but the picture doesn't show it; that came out a bit large but it's mostly decoration anyway.

Pattern: Improvised
Yarn: Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport in Winter Blue
Needle: 3.25mm & 3.75mm
Gauge: 22 stitches and 33 rows = 10 cm


WIPs also continue, since finishing Winter Blue I have started to make progress on Celestial, the Bunny Blanket and the Checkers Blanket. Not on the Red T-Shirt though as there's something wrong; I suspect gauge and may have to work up another gauge swatch.

Birthday Gift
My Wee Niece opened her birthday gifts this morning (her time) and immediately put on her pink sweater and refused to take it off. Win for Auntie!!

Current Weather
17C and partly cloudy. Summer, schmummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment