Sunday 12 April 2015

Introducing Squish

I will introduce the pets in order of acquisition. Whether this means I acquired them or they acquired me I will leave for you to decide.

Let's start with Squish. He was born sometime in the summer of 2001 and came to live with me in October of that year. He was my first pet after moving out of my parent's house. He came from a horse rescue who really wanted someone to take him away because he kept romping around under the horse's feet and they were afraid he'd get stepped on. He arrived there after his mom was killed at another farm and he came because they had a nursing female who looked after him. Upon arriving to live with me he promptly came down with Feline Distemper and went on a two week course of antibiotics.  Banana flavoured antibiotics. For a kitten. It seemed weird. He recovered from that and later developed Feline Urinary Crystals, basically, this means he couldn't pee and has since been re-plumed. He nearly died from this too. Most recently his thyroid failed and started over producing which left him terribly thin as his metabolism was running away on him. He's now on thyroid meds for the rest of his life. By my calculations he's down to 4 lives left; 1 - his mom died while he was still nursing, 2 - the horses at the horse rescue nearly stepped on him multiple times, 3 - feline distemper, 4 - urinary crystals, 5 - his thyroid failed.

Here he is when he was a kitten.


Here he is more recently.


He does love a box. Fill it with paper and he's even happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment