Tuesday 21 April 2015

Introducing Mouse

Mouse came to live with me because Squish could not live without another cat around. She was born in the summer of 2001 the same as him but I suspect about 2 weeks later. Hard to tell sometimes with farm kittens. She was pulled out of a hay bale at 3 or 4 weeks old and raised by the farmer until I took her home. She was awfully shy around me at first and for the longest time all I saw of her was her little brown tail as she whisked around the corner. She came out of her shell after a few weeks around me but she's still very shy around people she doesn't know. Poor Mouse went through a period where she could hardly eat anything and got very thin; when she did manage to eat she often threw it all back up minutes later. Turned out she has a feline version of Irritable Bowel Syndrome, who know cats could develop such problems? Once the vet figured that out I was able to stabilize her diet and she's been a healthier weight ever since. So is Squish come to that since he's not eating two cat's worth of cat food every day any more. I'm pretty sure she's only down by 2 lives and has 7 remaining. 1 - pulled from a hay bale, and 2 - developed IBS.

Here she is with Squish when they were both kittens.


Here she is more recently.


She gets a little bit darker every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment