Friday 31 July 2020

Socks

Finished my Dad's birthday socks, which are not needed until January, Mom's were finished a couple of weeks ago. These did not start off well because I cast on far too many stitches and had to frog the entire first sock back to the very beginning after turning the heel. Urgh. The colour is really cool, it appears to be a light grey in most light but sometimes it looks blue. There was also a white stripe just as I started the second sock. Meh, it adds character.

Pattern: Improvised Basic Sock
Yarn: Lang Yarns Twin Soxx in 216
Needle: 2.5mm
Gauge: 41 stitches and 46 rows = 10 cm


Also played a bit of Yarn Chicken with these socks, this what was left.


Ahab
The old pooch had his annual physical last week and the blood work came back as the picture of health except for signs of some arthritis, not unexpected given his age. Excellent stuff for a 14 year old life-long tri-pawed.



Health
My Word of the Year for 2020 is "Health" (bizarrely appropriate, right?) however, I haven't really done much of anything with it. I didn't want to make a New Year's Resolution because no one keeps those, so I chose a word to concentrate on instead. Then promptly did nothing. Well that's not quite true, I had a mammogram (Mom's breast cancer diagnosis was a terrible wake-up call) but that was technically in December. Then I found out my blood pressure had spiked so I got on some medication to get it under control. 

But, I have been lacking in exercise. Mostly because I hate exercise. However, I have been making myself go on the treadmill for 15 minutes every day for the past week.  Some days I even manage 20 minutes and today I noticed that my distance was a little bit further which I suppose means I've been going faster since I still stopped after 20 minutes. 15 minute is what I plan to do though because I can handle 15 minutes mentally. And so far this seems to be as much a mental thing as physical, although I haven't exercised much for many years so, yeah; start slowly. Here's hoping I can keep it up.

Current Weather
28C and partly cloudy. HOT! HOT! HOT! We seem to be getting some actual summer weather. Sweet! Even my home office in the basement is getting warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment