Thursday 2 July 2020

Wee Niece's Birthday Jumper

They call 'em "jumpers" in the UK so I'm going with the flow here for my Wee Neice's birthday sweater. This is a Wilhelmina Wallaby lengthened quite a bit and with a modified neck line. I'm in love with the tall neck with a tie so I went ahead and modified this Wallaby to have this neck line instead of a hood. I hope it fits OK, children's heads are, proportionally, much bigger than an adult's head is to their body size so I'm taking a bit of a risk with a closed neck.

Pattern: mostly The Wonderful Wallaby by Carol A. Anderson
Yarn: Caron Cakes in Mixed Berry
Needle: 4.5mm & 5.0mm
Gauge: 4.5 stitches = 2.5 cm


In related news, my Wee Niece almost had a melt down the other day when she wanted to wear an "auntie jumper" but they were all in the wash. My sister had to dig one out of the wash for her because she wouldn't wear anything else. I treasure this.

Dog
Ahab has an ear infection. How is it that a pointy-eared dog is so prone to ear infections? I'm so glad he's not a floppy-eared dog or he'd be living on penicillin.

Canada Day 
Yesterday Canada turned 103 years old with very little fanfare due to the ongoing world-wide health crisis of COVID-19. There were no fireworks, no large gatherings, no big speech from the Prime Minister (unusual, he loves a crowd), nothing much to mark the occasion. Very Canadian in a way.


Current Weather
19C and cloudy. We had twice our usual rain fall in June this year. And it's been quite cool. Urgh, I'm sure summer's were warmer when I was a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment