Friday 14 February 2020

Cancer Comfort Cap

I don't think I've actually said this here before but my Mom's health problems are Breast Cancer, she was diagnosed just a couple weeks before Christmas last year. Just when she found out she could have her hip surgery any time; gotta take care of the cancer first though. In order to make sure she has something from me to keep her warm during what will likely be a difficult time as she goes through chemo treatment I plan to knit her several hats. This is the first.

I hope to do at least two more so she has a choice of hats to wear since, unfortunately, she has been told that this type of chemo almost guarantees hair loss.

Pattern: Cancer Comfort Cap by Universal Yarn
Yarn: King Cole Cotton Top DK in Grey
Needle: 3.25mm & 3.5mm
Gauge: 24 stitches and 32 rows = 10 cm in Reverse Stockinette



Fun fact, it is one of my pictures that shows up when you look at the yarn's Ravelry page.

Ahab
Also, unfortunately it's more bad news; I found  lump on Ahab. When I took him to the vet she found three more, she did an ultrasound and did not find anything untoward inside him but I still want to have the lumps removed and biopsied so we know what we're dealing with here.

Every time I turn around this year there is more bad health news. I'm actually done with 2020 and I'm quite prepared to skip to 2021 anytime now.

Current Weather
-3C and partly cloudy.

No comments:

Post a Comment