Sunday 23 February 2020

Black Pullover

Finished another cotton sweater, actually this one is a cotton/linen blend. This was improvised from the bottom up as most of my sweaters have been lately, I haven't even tried to follow a pattern for the last half dozen or so sweaters. Or socks. Or hats; no wait I did follow a pattern for my Mom's first cancer hat.

My lousy photography skills make it hard to see the neck line but it's the same as Celestial from a few months ago. This one came out much wider though due to a math error when I was calculating how many stitches to leave for the neck and I accidentally calculated that I would need 45% of the total stitches on the body of the sweater instead of 40% making it much wider than is really needed. Oh well, it's still wearable.

The colour on this one is a true black which goes well with my Scent Hurdle team's colours of black and yellow. Yeah, I don't know who's idea that was but it does make us easy to see at a tournament.

I did make a mistake near the end when I forgot to switch to the smaller needles for the cuff ribbing. Meh, I'm not going back now.

Pattern: my own
Yarn: Knit Picks CotLin in Black
Needle: 4.0mm & 4.25mm
Gauge: 19 stitches in 10cm


Ahab
Ahab is doing well since having four lumps removed earlier this week. The bad new is that one looks a lot like lymphoma. Still waiting on the official biopsy results but that was the vet's opinion after removing the lump. Poor pup is stuck in a cone for the next week.

Current Weather
-1C and mostly cloudy.

No comments:

Post a Comment