Sunday 27 January 2019

Ugly Christmas Vest

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know it's January; but, for some unknown reason, I truly do not understand my own thinking here, I started an Ugly Christmas Vest on Dec. 25, 2018 for Christmas 2019. I didn't really expect to finish it before the end of January. Well, it still needs a trip through the washing machine and buttons but the knitting is finished. And the buttons may have to wait since I suspect I won't find appropriately ugly Christmas buttons until November or December but I'll try to remember to check throughout the year to see if something strikes my fancy.

It's possible I may duplicate stitch a reindeer or a Santa or a tree or something onto it to make it even uglier. Will depend on how ambitious I am.

Pattern: Improvised
Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Holidays Stripes in Red Green White
Needle: 4.5mm & 5.0mm
Gauge: pending washing

Appropriately Ugly
Other Knitting
I'm selfish knitting for the most part at the moment, currently working on another vest for myself in addition to the Ugly Christmas Vest, this one's a sport weight with a nice pattern in it making it a TV watching project not a reading project (yes, I can read and knit at the same time but only stockinette or garter stitch). And a cotton blend fingering weight sweater with no pattern in it so I can knit and read while working on this one. I also have a pair of socks for my Niece on the go for her birthday in March. My sock frenzy seems to have slowed quite a lot after Christmas, from Oct. to Dec. I finished 8 pairs of adult sized socks. I hope I'm not burnt out. Things have also picked up a work so I'm limited to knitting at lunch only.

Oh, I almost forgot about the two baby blankets I'm (mostly not) working on. Maybe they're on a break?

Other News
The first Scent Hurdle race of the year was held yesterday and our team did great. I ran Tonka for a friend for the most part but also ran Snickers for her once in the last race when she wanted to switch dogs, both are super fun to play with. I think we might even have placed first over all in the tournament since I think we won every race we were in. Kinda cool. But more importantly there were a number of new dogs racing on other teams who earned the first points of their Scent Hurdle careers. Our two new dogs were not quite ready for this tournament but will likely be ready before the end of the year.

In one really cool race a dog called Honor earned her 4500th point earning her her SHDGMPCh title, the highest title possible in Scent Hurdle, and a new dog called Vivee earned her fist 5 points. I was the timer for this race and it was wonderful to see and celebrate this victory with both owners. It's possible there were tears but I'll never tell.

Current Weather
4C and partly cloudy. Feels more like March than January.

No comments:

Post a Comment