Friday 30 March 2018

Birthday Socks

Finally finished my Niece's birthday socks, only a few days late. In my defense this is only the second time socks have been late in many years. This was also my first stripped socks; not sure why I've never done stripes before, although the prevalence of self-striping yarn might be a factor.

Pattern: Basic Sock
Yarn: West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4 Ply in CottonFloss and Blueberry Bonbon
Needle: 2.5mm
Gauge: 40 stitches and 48 rows



Pets
Soccer is not doing well, his kidneys are failing faster than I think the vet initially thought they would. He's on a number of medications now and doesn't have much energy. As I understand it the kidneys produce a hormone that tells the bone marrow to produce red blood cells and since his are not producing this hormone he's very anemic. He's comfortable and still wags his tail when the occasion calls for it.

Ahab is doing fantastic, still loving Scent Hurdle.

Mouse seems to have stabilized after having a number of GI problems earlier in the year.

Current Weather
-12C and snowing. Winter just will not end!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment