Sunday 15 January 2017

Socks For Me

Finished up a pair of socks for myself. I think I have my sock knitting mojo back. Hooray! For a while there it was looking pretty bleak on the sock knitting front. Guess it was just a bump on the road not a complete derailment. Yes, that's totally a mixed metaphor.

These are just a basic pair of socks, although I did make the top wider to accommodate my fat calves. This yarn came with a spool of yarn to reinforce the heels and toes with, of course I totally forgot to use it. I guess we'll just have to see how it goes.

Pattern: Improvised
Yarn: Lang Yarns Jawoll Color Superwash
Needle: 2.5mm
Gauge: 41 stitches / 4 inches


I think I'll try to work on more than just socks now as I've knitted four pairs in the past month, which is quite a sock marathon as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe I'll go back to knitting for my Wee Niece...... it's not like that can go badly after all. ;-)

Current Weather
6C and mostly cloudy. We are in the middle of a Chinook so temperatures have warmed up and the roads are a slushy mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment