Sunday 3 April 2016

Scent Hurdle

Judged my first Scent Hurdle tournament yesterday and no one cried, screamed, or cursed my family unto the ninth generation so I'm calling it a win. Now to send the results to the Statistician. Hope I recorded everything right.....

Ahab wasn't running last night as this was a CKC tournament and he can only run in independent tournaments. Meant I got to try my hand at judging. It's a lot harder than you think.

The tournament didn't start until later than expected so I made some progress on my sister's socks. It's a good thing I don't need these until July.


Another Scent Hurdler was there working up some socks in Felici Time Traveler. Doesn't look like Knit Picks has this in stock right now. I have some of this in my stash but I think I might just delay using it until my sister goes back to Scotland, otherwise there is a serious risk I could loose the socks. I'm sure it would be a total accident that would land them in her suitcase..... ;-)

Other Knitting

There hasn't been a lot of sock knitting going on lately because I've been focusing on a light weight sweater for myself. At the moment I have partial sleeves (I usually work sleeves two at a time), mostly because I had to frog them and restart when I realized the increases weren't working right. This time is going much better.

And there is another vest on the go, a cardigan this time. I'm not sure if I like this one though so it might get frogged yet.

Finally my toy kick continues with a rabbit. This one's a bit more complicated that the bunny I did at Easter although it's from the same designer. At the moment it looks like a blob. I'm working my way up to knitting a Loch Ness Monster so I'm knitting up some practice toys first. My Wee Niece will benefit immensely from this.

Rabbit blob.

Current Weather
Mostly cloudy 10C.

The weather has been crazy warm since about mid January and shows no signs of stopping. I do wish it would rain though as it's been so dry I'm having problems wearing contact lenses. I took eye drops with me to Red Deer for the Scent Hurdle tournament yesterday and did not regret it as I had to drop my eyes several times throughout the evening. And the farmers are going to start doom and glooming if we don't get some rain soon. Hard to believe we had severe flooding only three years ago in June of 2013. By "severe flooding" I mean downtown Calgary was evacuated due to being submerged in several meters of water for five days and it took weeks, in some cases months, for all the businesses to recover and re-open. The Calgary Stampede went on as scheduled though; they had to completely replace the track for the chuck wagon races, a project that was expected to take months and was completed in weeks instead. Says something about the "git 'er done" attitude around here I suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment