Thursday 24 March 2016

A Productive Saturday

First I prepared for Easter by making a bunny. This is significant as my usual nod to Easter is to watch Jesus Christ Superstar. He looks a little sad but that's probably because I'm not particularly good at embroidery. He's on my desk at work next to the gallbladder jar. The paws and ears were fiddly due to using much smaller yarn than called for but I think it worked out OK in the end.

Pattern: Henry's Bunny by Sara Elizabeth Kellner
Yarn: Georga Baby Luv peach
Needle: 2.75mm
Gauge: much smaller than called for as this pattern calls for worsted weight yarn. I didn't figure it would matter much for a toy as long as the fabric was fairly firm.

Sad Easter Bunny

Speaking of gallbladders, I made another one. By request.

Pattern: Pear-fecto! by Susan B. Anderson
Yarn: Georga Baby Luv peach in red
Needle: 2.5mm



Also cast on socks for my sister in Red Deer. She says I haven't made her any, I remember making her a pair but they may have been lost. Perhaps they were not a preferred colour. This time she picked the colour.

Current Weather
Snowing. Quite hard. Glad it held off until I got home from work, snow really messed up your commute.
1C

No comments:

Post a Comment