Sunday 10 April 2016

Rabbit

Finished a Rabbit. Not to be confused with a Bunny; those are smaller. I just decided that.

The tail didn't quite come out how I expected it to. It's much smaller. Maybe my gauge was too tight or something. I'm not stressing about it too much. I think I did a better job with the eyes this time, they seem more even. I think. I hope my Wee Niece likes it; then she can take it home and it can be played with. Maybe it will become Real. (If you got that reference you clearly read "The Velveteen Rabbit" at some point. If you haven't I recommend it; make sure you have tissues handy at the end.)

Pattern: Henry's Rabbit by Sara Elizabeth Kellner
Yarn: Lang Yarns Denim Cotton Recycled in Off White
Needle: 3.25mm

Should I call him Peter?

I used up all my remaining stuffing making this Rabbit so I must remember that I need more before I can stuff any more toys. The annoying thing is that I made a trip to Michael's earlier today but didn't realize how close I was to running out of stuffing so I didn't buy any more. I did get some supplies to try para cord braiding though.

Reading
Read "Hunter" by Mercedes Lackey last week. A good read; but then she's one of my favorite authors ever. I really liked how she handled the teenager in a dystopian future genre which is so popular right now. I'm not going to do a book review. I think elementary school scarred me for life when it comes to book reports. Suffice to say, it was an enjoyable read.

Current Weather
7C mostly cloudy.

No comments:

Post a Comment