Saturday 8 August 2015

The Neglected

Had to back track a bit on the Ugly Christmas Sweater, it was too big around so I frogged the body and will remove a few stitches and start that part again. Sleeves are already finished and seem fine. I usually find that if I'm not feeling inspired to work on a project it usually means something is wrong with it. Unfortunately, it can take a while to figure out what it is. Oh well, got there in the end. That's one of the nice things about knitting; nothing will break/end/go bad/damn you to hell if you have to start again. Unless you're knitting to a deadline, which I avoid most of the time.

Also continued to work on the other pullover now called Blue Moss, haven't really been neglecting this project it's just slow. I did figure out how to work the increases in Moss Stitch so I'm sure decreases won't be too hard when the time comes. Almost done the increases on the sleeves. This is definitely a long term project as moss stitch takes forever to work and the yarn is a light sport weight. Wonder if I can finish in time for fall. Honestly, probably not but it makes a nice thought.

And finally; I made some progress on the loom knitted blanket.This is awkward to work on because the knitting board is so long, I definitely see why the larger ones are made into a loop, and there is an ever so slight serious danger of knocking stuff off tables. Plus it puts strain on the arms and shoulders moving it around, on the plus side it works up quite quickly. Although, I do keep thinking I need to mount it on a stand or something. Not sure if any such thing exists though and my handy-(wo)man skills are probably not up to making something like that. The picture below shows the wrapped pegs on the left with two yarns and the worked pegs on the right with one yarn. I'm not posting a 'how to' here, there are plenty of books and YouTube videos out there if you're curious.


No comments:

Post a Comment