Sunday 25 February 2018

Birthday Socks

Finished a pair of socks for my Nephew's birthday. Actually finished these back on Jan. 25 (no significance to Burn's Day) but delayed posting in case he's trolling the internet looking for his Aunt's knitting blog. Admittedly, highly unlikely; but why take chances?

For this pair I initially cast on 80 stitches and knit 3 X 2 ribbing for 3cm then decreased to 76 stitches for the rest of the sock. I like decreasing after the ribbing as it makes them fit over the calf better. Other than that these are just a pair of basic socks, I like basic socks. I know lots of knitters like to put amazing patterns in socks but I just can't see the point myself, socks are always hidden under your pants and in your shoes. If I want to try out an amazing pattern I'll make a hat, that way it can be seen.

Pattern: Basic sock
Yarn: Zwerger Garn Opal Schafpate in Ruhezeit
Needle: 2.5mm
Gauge: 40 stitches and 48 rows = 10 cm


Current Weather
2C and mostly cloudy. A slight improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment