Thursday 14 September 2017

Fall Mittens

Finished my Fall Mittens up just in time, the weather turned yesterday becoming wet and cold. I originally purchased this yarn to go into my Mitered Square Sock Blanket but I ended up with too much orange so I decided to use the Alpaca for mittens instead. Yarn this lovely should be seen anyway so it worked out well. I think there is enough left for a hat to match the mittens.

Pattern: Improvised
Yarn: Lang Yarns Super Soxx Alpaca
Needle: 3.0mm
Gauge: 58 stitches and 40 rows = 10 cm


There's even a hole to put your finger threw in order to use your smart phone:


I tried to do a thumb hole too but it ended up too high on my thumb and I can't get it to poke out of the mitten since I made the cover flap. Meh. Not thinking its a big deal; call it a learning experience or something.

Current Weather
6C and cloudy. It rained heavily overnight on Tuesday and was still raining lightly until almost noon the next day. Then it rained again last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment