Wednesday 30 August 2017

Sale Blanket (I hope)

Interrupting the Wordless Wednesday again.

Made this car seat blanket. Ends still need to be woven in and it needs blocking.



Hoping I will be able to sell it but I'm not sure about the ends. I'm worried they're going to pull out and look awful but I'm having trouble finding information about securing really slippery acrylic. Fortunately the ends pictured below are just from the single crochet I ran around the seat-belt holes to help stabilize them, so if it all unravels it won't be a complete disaster.



Eclipse

We were in the path of the solar eclipse on August 21, 2017, about 80% of the sun was covered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Below is a picture of the max sun coverage from my home made pin-hole camera. No, I did not look directly at the sun at all during the eclipse. For one thing that's a stupidly bad idea and for another my eyes are really light sensitive and I was having enough problems seeing with my back to the sun. Except for about the 10 minutes before and after the maximum eclipse; about 20 minutes total, I had no problems seeing without sunglasses during that time.


It surprised me how light it stayed with 80% of the sun covered by the moon; the light levels and temperature dropped noticeably but it was more like the hazy light we've been getting on days when the smoke from BC is really thick than anything else. Still super cool to see.

And last night the moon was blood red. No doubt the smoke from BC was the cause but it was creepy-cool to see. I didn't try to take a picture of it as I don't have a camera that could possibly do it justice.

Current Weather
28C and partly cloudy. Also the smoke from the BC wild fires is thick enough to choke on out there. And we're under a heat warning, meaning the daytime temperature got above 29C and the overnight temperature stayed above 14C. At the end of August. Wow.

Meanwhile, Texas has had the equivalent of a small sea rain down on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment