Sunday 31 January 2016

Huston, we have a problem....

I was just about ready to switch to the smaller needle and start the ribbing on the Monster Pants when I realized.... I was already using the smaller needle. Urgh.

Ooops
I don't know how well the picture shows it but there is a definite size difference between the two legs. I had to frog back to the start of the second leg and begin again with the correct needle size.

Thoroughly annoyed with that project I switched to John Deere Knubbelchen and finished him off. The picture may not show it but in real life he's pretty much the same colour as a John Deere tractor. The only change I made to the pattern as written was to make the hat pointy instead of tying a knot in it. I like it pointy. This will go to my Wee Niece when she comes to visit this summer. I should make a second as there will be another little girl visiting then too, the daughter of my sister's friend.

Pattern: Knubbelchen by pezi888
Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Solids, Heathers & Twists in White, Peapod, and Dandelion
Needle: 2.5mm
Gauge: not critical

John Deere Knubelchen

I'm finding the blue sweater a bit snugger than I'd hoped. It'll be fine for hiking when I want things to fit snug but I'm not sure how much I will wear it after all. Oh well.

In other news

Here's Ahab heading down the Scent Hurdle course. He wasn't having his best night and kept getting distracted. Oh, well; he tried.

Scent Hurdle

Current Weather
-2C
Cloudy with a possibility of light snow

No comments:

Post a Comment