Sunday 3 January 2016

First

First completed project in 2016 is a pair of socks for me. Grey from Dad's birthday socks and blue from the Blue Socks. Used up all the grey completely and only 1.5g remain of the blue. Cool. The remaining blue will go into the Sock Yarn Granny Square Blanket.

The math didn't quite work out and I ended up making the toe of the second sock blue. Meh, whatever. I'm not considering these Frankensocks though because I only used two different colours/yarns. If I'd ended up needing a bit more from a third yarn to complete the second toe then I'd call them Frankensocks.

Pattern: Improvised
Yarn: ONline Supersocke 100 and Schachenmayr nomotta Regia 4-fädig
Needle: 2.0mm

Almost Frankensocks
Next some socks are needed for my Nephew as his birthday is the second one of the year (technically third but my Scottish BiL gets stuff when someone is going to Scotland not by mail). So I texted my sister to see what size shoe he's wearing now and he wears a men's 8.5. He's only turning 10!! I wonder if I'll still be willing to knit him socks if he ends up with size 13 feet or bigger.

A Time for Spinning

Got some spinning done Sunday morning; spun up a second single of some lovely Blue Faced Leicester from West Coast Fibre Works. I don't believe they're around any more. Will see if I get around to plying before next Sunday. I suspect I won't.

Wonder if I should try some supported spinning for the next Time for Spinning. It might be fun.


Dogs

Took the boys for a walk today. It was sunny and warm enough that I only needed a not-to-thick wool sweater. Plus hat and mittens, it is winter after all. A good time was had by all. I've been remiss about this lately and the poor dogs are not happy about it.

Current Weather
Clear with periodic clouds
-4C

No comments:

Post a Comment