Monday 28 December 2015

Sunday Spinning

I have decided to make Sunday mornings A Time For Spinning. This week it happened on Monday. Oh, well; it was a day off work and it would appear I'm not setting this in stone.

Spinning evidence, complete with Spin-Off magazine in the background.
I'd really like to get more practice in with spinning so I can feel more comfortable with my wheel and maybe take the Master Spinner Level 1 course during Fibre Week at Olds College in June.

Speaking of my wheel, here she is:

Wheel
I bought this wheel second hand  about three years ago and it didn't occur to me to ask the lady I bought it from exactly what kind of wheel it is. Of course, it's possible she told me and just I didn't retain the information. I was just a wee touch excited at finding such a good wheel in working condition for an extremely reasonable price. It was a rare case where the lady knew what she was selling; she had two wheels and didn't need one of them any longer, and wanted it to go to someone who would use it. I swear I'm trying.

However, after a bit of research on the internet I believe she is an Ashford Traditional Single Drive built sometime in the 1970s. Although I'm pretty sure she's a "she", she doesn't have a name but I'm open to suggestions.

Knitting News

I would be finished a pair of socks for my Dad if I had realized the two skeins were completely different before I finished the first sock. I had to rip back and do the heel and toes in the second skein. Hopefully I can finish these in the next day or so. Then I need to start a pair for my Nephew but to do that I need to find some green yarn. I don't seem to have any green sock yarn right now. Well, there is some 15% silk blend but frankly that's not going to kids socks.

My blue sweater is soooo close to being ready to have the arms attached that I might even get to that today.



Gotta love how much knitting gets done when you have some time off work.

In Post Christmas News

Christmas went well. Much feasting was done. It is nice to get back to normal again though.

I think the kids liked their hats, they put them on right away and wore them home. Gift opening was done at Gran and Grandpa's place which necessitated the wearing of hats to go home as it was about -20C Christmas day.

Also my Niece told me she really likes my socks for snowshoeing and skiing. Thus ensuring herself a perpetual supply. Not that she realizes this of course, she's only 7 after all.

Weather Update

Current Temperature: -7C
Overcast and snowing lightly

No comments:

Post a Comment