Wednesday 25 November 2015

A Grey Day

In that I finished my new Grey vest.

Love wearing vests although I haven't had any in my wardrobe for some time now. I think they all wore out and never got replaced. Working on fixing that. With a second one completed I suspect I'll be taking a break from knitting vests in order to work on some Christmas knitting. Plus, my sister requested socks; can't ignore that.

Not quite sure about the neck line, I think I'd have preferred it a bit higher but as it's meant to be worn over a long-sleeved t-shirt it doesn't matter too much. Edging is double moss stitch; between this and the green vest I think I've done enough of that for a while now.

Pattern: Improvised
Yarn: Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport
Gauge: 27 stitches / 4 inches & 35 rows / 4 inches
Needle: 3.25mm

Vest

In other, but related, news:

Yarn! Wonderful, wonderful yarn!!
A wee bit of yarn arrived from KnitPicks, everything is already photographed and entered into my stash on Ravelry. Have to make sure that gets done right away or it can.... linger. In this pile are two hats, a Puffin, a Lock Ness monster, Doctor Who socks, another pair of socks, and 6 sweaters. Some assembly required. Can't wait to get started. Actually, I already started one of the hats. It's a Christmas gift so best to get cracking right away.


No comments:

Post a Comment