Monday 20 July 2015

Socks!

Loves socks. Hate wearing shoes - whole 'nother story.

First up, finished a pair for my sister in Scotland. The one who's expecting a baby; Wee Bairn for those keeping up with the class. Same yarn as the Father's Day Socks I made for my Dad. The colour in the picture is not very accurate, it's actually much darker. I figure new parents might need hand knits too.

Pattern: Improvised/general sock pattern
Yarn: Nova Sock Solid
Needle: 2.0mm


Second up, a pair for my almost-brother-in-law, that would be Wee Bairn's father. Apparently the secret to knitting socks faster is to use bigger yarn. Imagine it. These are being made with sport weight yarn. Only started them yesterday and had to spend quite a bit of time sorting out gauge before really starting since this is the first pair I've done with sport weight yarn. They're also a much looser drape than I usually do socks. I'm sure they'll be fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment