Sunday 12 July 2015

Progress

Scent Hurdle tournament was cancelled yesterday due to thunder and lightening. Just as well as I forgot to write it down and didn't show up.

Did an on-line typing test just for shits and giggles. Turns out I type about 50 words per minute these days. Not too shabby really.

Knitting

Progress continues on the Ugly Christmas Sweater. It doesn't seem ugly enough to win any prizes but I suspect I'll manage to find a few places to wear it. Both sleeves are done and the body is progressing. Decided to make it a cardigan after all. Guess that means I'll need to find buttons for it.

Since that one will be a cardigan I started another sweater. This one will be a pullover. Blue this time, it's surprising how few blue things I knit for myself; especially considering that blue is my favorite colour. Was thinking of doing this in Moss Stitch but I think I'll change my mind and do just the cuffs in pattern, the increases and decreases just don't seem to work right when worked in the pattern. If I do decide to do an entire sweater in Moss Stitch I suspect it'll have to be done in pieces and sewed together. Not my favorite way to make a sweater. No pics yet.

Also started a baby hat with the last of the baby overalls leftover yarn. Anything left once this is done will go into the Granny Square Blanket. It's just one enormous granny square that I keep adding all the leftover bits of sock yarn too.

Reading

Been re-reading my way through Mercedes Lackey's stories about Tarma and Kethry. Always worth revisiting those two; they're a couple of the best characters she's ever created.

Also discovered a new (to me) TV show long since cancelled of course but the library has copies of the DVDs. Sanctuary it's called; saw Amanda Tapping's name on it and figured I had to try it. Enjoying it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment