Monday 9 March 2020

Socks

More socks have dripped from the needles. Love it when that happens, I didn't seem to have much sock mojo last year* but so far this year seems better; these didn't even take a full month to finish. Andy they came out a lot more identical than I was really trying for. Very odd.

Keeping these for myself, it's hard to see in the picture but there's a sparkly thread spun through the yarn. I deliberately made these a little shorter than normal because I'm a little worried that the sparkly thread will be itchy.

Pattern: improvised basic sock
Yarn: Zwerger Garn Opal Lucky Sparkle in 9484
Needle: 2.5mm
Gauge: 41 stitches and 46 rows = 10 cm


Current Weather
-1C and clear. It's just a tease, no real signs of Spring yet; the groundhog lied. Again. It happens most years. Not sure why we keep letting the little liar keep prognosticating.

* I looked back through my records and it looks like my sock production last year was bang-on average. No idea why it feels like I hardly finished any.

No comments:

Post a Comment