Monday 3 September 2018

Cotton Vest II

Finally, after two spectacular vest failures in a row I managed to make one that will fit and did not get dyed an unfortunate colour. And let's just hope it stays that way. I suspect I will wear this a lot since I love vests, they provide just the right amount of warmth indoors during Winter. The yarn is basically a cheap-o kitchen cotton but I made a sweater out of it years ago that has held up well so I have hope this too will last for several years. I'm thinking of making one in blue.

Sort of followed EZs percentage sweater to make this but modified the yoke to allow for buttons and put in some waist shaping. And it's a vest. I cropped my head off the picture because I couldn't manage to take one that didn't end up with me looking like I was having a health crisis.

Pattern: EZs Percentage Sweater (sort of)
Yarn: Handicrafter Cotton Solids in Sonoma Print
Needle: 4.5mm and 5.0mm
Gauge: 16 stitches and 26 rows = 10 cm


Current Weather
13C and mostly cloudy. Feels like Fall is knocking on the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment