Friday 18 August 2017

Mitered Square Update

I'm working on a long term project. It started as a way to use up some old sock yarn that I suspect was a bad superwash batch from KnitPicks but it soon became apparent that I was going to need a lot, and I mean A LOT more yarn than I had. I didn't really want this to be another scrap yarn project, I already have one of those, it's been on the go since 2012 and I really wanted to have a chance of finishing this blanket within a year; so I bought a bunch more sock yarn.

progress so far

I still don't have enough yarn to finish but I figure I can just go buy more when the time comes. I'm really enjoying this project. I suspect it's the soothing effect of Garter Stitch. I've waxed eloquent on the wonders of Garter Stitch in the past so I won't do so again here.

It's taken about two months to get the first three strips done so if I can keep this pace up I should be done in about six months. I don't actually anticipate being done that quickly; maybe eight or nine months. Maybe a year. We'll see how it goes.

Current Weather
27C and mostly cloudy. Still enjoying some wonderful summer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment